Using Cricket’s new Mexico Roaming is easy
- Cricket Wireless customers must have roaming capability, an updated PRL (Dialing *228 while in home calling area prior to travleing) and purchased Flex Bucket service in their account.
- Cricket PAYGo customers must have an updated PRL and funds available in their account balance.
How much does it cost to place calls while traveling in Mexico?
- When you call from Mexico to US, the charge will be $0.25 per minute.
- When you call from Mexico to a Mexico land line, the charge will be $0.35 per minute.
- When you call from Mexico to a Mexico Mobile, the charge will be $0.55 per minute.
- When you call from Mexico to another International destination, the charge will be $0.25 per minute plus the International Long Distance charge to that country (Rated ILD – $0.10, $0.20, $0.30, $0.60).
- Applicable International Long Distance Rates are in mycricket.com website
What is Roaming?
Roaming gives you the ability to use your Cricket service throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico while outside of your unlimited coverage area. In order to roam, you must have roaming capability, you must dial *228 before leaving your unlimited coverage area, and you must have funds available (Flex Bucket for Cricket Wireless customers, account balance for Cricket PAYGo customers).
How can I get the capability to roam?
If you’re a Cricket Wireless customer, you must purchase a roaming bolt-on and Flex Bucket services. If you activate, refresh, or change to a NTT plan after May 5th, you do not need to add the roaming bolt-on. It will be automatically provisioned. If you’re a Cricket PAYGo customer, you just need to have funds available in your account balance. Either way, you should dial *228 before leaving your unlimited coverage area.
What is Mexico Roaming?
Mexico roaming extends the roaming coverage area to Mexico. See the Mexico roaming coverage map at mycricket.com – http://www.mycricket.com/coverage/maps/wireless
What do I need to have for Mexico Roaming?
If you’re a Cricket Wireless customer, you need to have the roaming capability in your plan, you need to dial *228 before leaving your unlimited coverage area, and you need funds in your Flex Bucket. If you have used all the roaming minutes included in your roaming bolt-on, you can buy additional roaming bolt-ons or you can use your Flex Bucket to pay for roaming minutes a la carte. If you activate, refresh, or change to a NTT plan after May 5th, you do not need to add the roaming bolt-on. It will be automatically provisioned. However, you will always need funds in your Flex Bucket.
If you’re a Cricket PAYGo customer, you need to dial *228 before leaving your unlimited coverage area, and you need funds in your account balance.
How is the Mexico Roaming Bolt-on and Flex Bucket used?
- Calls from Mexico to US will be redeemed from the bolt-on or the Flex Bucket.
- Calls from Mexico to Mexico land line will be redeemed from Flex Bucket only
- Calls from Mexico to Mexico mobile line will be redeemed from Flex Bucket only
- Calls from Mexico to another international destination will be redeemed from Flex Bucket only.
How can I check my Flex Bucket balance?
You can use your phone to check your balance by:
– Accessing My Account (via MyHomeScreen or mobile web)
– Dialing *PAY from you Cricket phone or
– Calling 1-800-CRICKET
– You can also use the Internet to check you balance at mycricket.com
Can I call Emergency Services in Mexico?
Yes, you can call local Mexico Emergency Services (066) while traveling in Mexico. You will receive emergency service in Spanish at your Mexico location. Emergency service calls will not incur any access fee or roaming charges, and can be made without funds in your account.
Can I call Directory Assistance 411 in Mexico?
Cricket will provide Domestic US Directory Assistance and not Mexico DA.
What features/services will work while I’m roaming in Mexico?
The voice features that will work while you are roaming include voicemail, caller ID, call waiting, *PAY, 611, 066, and call forwarding (NOTE: call forwarding is not available for Cricket PAYGo customer at this time). While roaming, you will not be able to download content, access the mobile web, send/receive text, picture, or video messages, or use any other data services.
I hear a busy signal when I dial from Mexico, why is this happening?
You may be out of funds in your Flex Bucket, roaming service, or account balance. You can add funds by hanging up and dialing *PAY, or if you are a Cricket Wireless customers, call CARE (611) to purchase additional Flex Bucket services or another Mexico roaming bolt-on.
I have funds in my Flex Bucket, but I still cannot roam in Mexico. What do I do?
Contact Cricket Customer CARE (611) and they will create a customer service ticket to investigate this issue. The ticket will be categorized under a Mexico Roaming issue type and must include a Mexico address, the number you are attempting to dial, and any error messages.